GP Liaison Hospitals
1. What is it?
Enhancing communication with GPs and other health professionals is a priority for Tasmanian Health Service
- Enhancing continuity of care for patients across the primary and tertiary sector.
- Facilitating and improving communication, access and utilisation of hospital services.
- Liaising with each clinical department in addressing specific issues, projects or problems.
- Representing GPs through participating in the planning and development of hospital services.
- Promoting collaboration between all relevant internal and external services.
- Actively contributing to Tasmanian Health Service – Southern Region projects and system change programs through participation in working groups, steering committees.
- Providing advocacy and raising issues from a GP and primary care prospective.
- Explaining hospital processes to GPs.
- On-site hospital orientation for GPs.
- Facilitate practice visits and evening meetings with hospital staff and services.
- Participate in the statewide GPLO network.
- Regular newsletter to GPs