Connecting the Tasmanian Community to key palliative care resources, referral points and support across all regions.
Navigating palliative care referral pathways can be complicated and it can take time to work through all the information relevant to your region.
PalliConnect is a purpose-built portal for the community enabling access to key relevant information and links pertaining to palliative care services.
Key Features include
- Easily accessible online resource that can be used by individuals or organisations
- All Tasmanian communities including remote and regional can easily access local information
- Immediate up-to-date information about services and support and referral points
- Every page can be printed as a fact sheet, copied to a file or emailed
- Each topic has been developed by by palliative care professionals
- Every page of the portal is consistent to ensure effective, quick and easy access to information
This portal has been developed by Palliative Care Tasmania with the support of TasNetworks.
What was the need?
A key part of Palliative Care Tasmania’s (PCT) work in the community is our successful Education Program. Our educators visit communities across the state to increase awareness of available palliative care services within Tasmania.
The most common feedback was that navigating the palliative care referral pathway is complicated and that there is currently no ‘one stop’ resource enabling access to all current relevant information and links pertaining to palliative care services.
Our most common request received about this is, can this be accessed online in an interactive way.
With the support of the TasNetworks Resilient Communities Grant, PCT was able to develop this online tool.